Red Dot Arms Forum
recommend a good restaurant - Printable Version

+- Red Dot Arms Forum (https://rdaforum.com)
+-- Forum: The Gun Counter (https://rdaforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://rdaforum.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: recommend a good restaurant (/thread-1542.html)

Pages: 1 2

recommend a good restaurant - Freedoms1791 - 06-05-2015

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant for steak and sea food in Antioch or fox lake,Wis. area.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - bradberry - 06-06-2015

I can't since I live in Oregon...I know...I am not much help but I have had GREAT luck using YELP! I was in the Portland area yesterday for my nephews HS graduation and I used YELP and found a hole in the wall Mexican Restaurant that was all that YELP said it was. It got 4 to 5 stars from everyone. Never would have known about it if it was not for YELP!

RE: recommend a good restaurant - nickdemo - 06-06-2015

ill be 100% with you i have lived out here a year and i love it, how ever the food is crap. steak and seafood are a long shot at best, i grew up on chicago food and that was a curse seeing how much i hate the city

RE: recommend a good restaurant - BelieveIn308 - 06-06-2015

I moved from Chicago in 2004, out here. I have to say there are not many decent restaurants out here. I mean it is almost a wasteland... Here is my short list of best ones.

1. Paisano's in Richmond (Best of the best, on par with good Chicago places, but on weekends RESERVATIONS are a must). And the Black Olive Martini Bar across the street makes a well crafted dirty martini...

2. For more casual pizza place atmosphere, Anastasia's in Antioch is not bad. Big menu, bar type atmosphere, but the food is good.

3. Green Peapod in McHenry is good Thai, but a little pricey.

4. Buddies Pizza is the only place for a decent deep dish pizza, Malnatis style out this way.

That's the short list. There are just not many decent, good food places out here. And the best of the Chinese places I have found is Szechwan Palace, which I would give only 3 stars, but it is the best within 10 miles of McHenry. I am still on my quest for good Italian. A good cheaper burger joint is Twisted Burger on 120 in McHenry, but warning order only their small fires (their small fries is about the size of 4 large McDonalds fries), it's new, but I like it.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - Freedoms1791 - 06-06-2015

I to came from Chicago about 35 years ago lived in Ingleside & Antioch back then there was some of the best restaurants in Antioch, Fox Lake. the Waltonian on Fox Lake, There was a restaurant on Lake Bluff also had great steak food. There was a steak restaurant on the corner of Grass lake & 59, Also George Diamonds restaurants at Antioch country club. I know the Stage Stop Wilmot Wi. But Food has gotten worse, over the years cheaper cuts of meat and bad service!.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - AcilletaM - 06-06-2015

I agree with you about the Stage Stop not living up to the reputation. I've heard good things about the Colony House but have never been. Always see a lot of cars there Friday and Saturdays nights though. I agree that Paisano's is good. My wife and I also like Siebert's Pub in Salem, good food and good Wisconsin fish fry. A really good sandwich is from Koenemann's in Volo. They will make a sandwich for $6 from any meat and cheese they slice.

My wife and I think this is a wasteland for restaurants too. It is all chains and the independents that are just OK. Yelp doesn't help because everything up here has 3-4.5 stars (Arby's has 4.5 stars!!!).

RE: recommend a good restaurant - Fireman - 06-06-2015

In Johnsbrug on Johnsburg rd is Chef Davito,s. I have not been yet but told it is very good. For Italian Cucina Rosa in McHenry and as mentioned above Paisanos.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - mikereddot - 06-07-2015

As for steak, I only eat what I cook now. Nobody can top it.

I like the Lake House in Antioch. Bulldogs make a good burger in Grayslake, but the one in Wauconda is better.

Had a corn beef sandwich from the Lodge in Antioch, that was very tasty.

Epic Deli in Johnsberg is a must try. Wild menu.

I've lived in the area for 15 years and just recently tried Johnny's Chop House in Antioch. That was good.

Round Lake Beach Ron's Italian has some good stuff also. The Italian beef/Italian sausage combo with cheese is VERY GOOD.

And that ladies and Gent is why I'm a fat guy....LOVE FOOD.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - AcilletaM - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 01:09 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Bulldogs make a good burger in Grayslake, but the one in Wauconda is better.

I've lived in the area for 15 years and just recently tried Johnny's Chop House in Antioch. That was good.

Round Lake Beach Ron's Italian has some good stuff also. The Italian beef/Italian sausage combo with cheese is VERY GOOD.

Bulldog's in Grayslake is now Twisted Burger. Not sure what that change means because it looks the same from the outside.

Johnny's Chop House is good and worth a try as the OP was looking for a steak place.

Ron's Italian Ovens beef/sausage combo is outstanding. Wish he would still own the one in Grayslake, the new owner killed it.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - Karl B - 06-08-2015

The Back Yard Steak Pit in Gurnee is my favorite steak and seafood place in the area. The food isn't cheap, but it's worth it IMO.

http://thebackyardsteakpit.com/

RE: recommend a good restaurant - Ringo3632 - 06-08-2015

Back yard steak pit is good, as is the colony house. Not cheap, but I'd recommend them

RE: recommend a good restaurant - mikereddot - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 11:44 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: Back yard steak pit is good, as is the colony house. Not cheap, but I'd recommend them

I know where Back Yard is, but where is Colony House?

RE: recommend a good restaurant - Freedoms1791 - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 11:41 AM)Karl B Wrote: The Back Yard Steak Pit in Gurnee is my favorite steak and seafood place in the area. The food isn't cheap, but it's worth it IMO.

Yep I go to the The Back Yard Steak Pit Thumbup It's a keeper.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - AcilletaM - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 11:57 AM)mikereddot Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 11:44 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: Back yard steak pit is good, as is the colony house. Not cheap, but I'd recommend them

I know where Back Yard is, but where is Colony House?
Corner of 206th Ave and 119th Street in Trevor.

25811 119th St, Trevor, WI 53179

RE: recommend a good restaurant - AcilletaM - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 12:33 PM)Freedoms1791 Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 11:41 AM)Karl B Wrote: The Back Yard Steak Pit in Gurnee is my favorite steak and seafood place in the area. The food isn't cheap, but it's worth it IMO.

Yep I go to the The Back Yard Steak Pit It's a keeper.
Back Yard Steak Pit is good but their prices are out-of-line with the experience.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - TheSputnik - 06-25-2015

If you want seafood you go to Bob Chins in Wheeling, if you want steak you can go to Flemmings in Lincolnshire

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

RE: recommend a good restaurant - jfergus7 - 06-25-2015

Crap reading this has gotten me hungry and I am just 10 minutes from Bob Chins. Might have to head over tonight for some Mai Tai's and seafood!

RE: recommend a good restaurant - mikereddot - 06-25-2015

I"m not a big Bob Chins guy. Don't see the the what the craze is about.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - fromtheplaines - 06-26-2015

I don't either plus fruity drinks don't appeal to me. I would love to have a pub by me, the one thing I miss about moving up here.

RE: recommend a good restaurant - mikereddot - 06-26-2015

i would love to find a place with great fish and chips.