Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primary Arms MD-ADS
03-27-2015, 11:42 PM,
Primary Arms MD-ADS
Threads: 35
This is the RDS that I have on my C39. It is very well made. It doesn't have the fancy push button zero adjusting but it also doesn't cost $500+. It has 12 brightness settings, which are controlled by the + - buttons on top of it. I find settings 5 and 6 to be perfect for day or night shooting. It is compatible with night vision optics on settings 1 and 2. Zeroing is done by use of the two screws contained under the caps as per usual. What looks like a large knob is the battery compartment. I've used sights from both Eotech and Aimpoint and I actually like this one better.

http://shop.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.co...ro-Dot.htm

[Image: NPAP2s.jpg]
Find
03-28-2015, 10:02 AM,
RE: Primary Arms MD-ADS
Wow that is actually affordable and a nice small sleek design. Do your iron sights still work with this installed?
[Image: ericsign.jpg]
[Image: ericsign.jpg]
Find
03-28-2015, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 01:24 PM by rwhite135.)
RE: Primary Arms MD-ADS
The mount I used replaces the rear leaf sight but has a backup sight built into it. To use the irons you have to remove the RDS but there is cowitness with the front sight. That's one of the drawbacks with the AK platform as you really can't mount a sight to the dust cover. If I would have mounted the optic to the stock hand guard I could have used both but that put the optic too far forward for my liking. In the future I plan on buying the quick detach mount for it, which will make that less of an issue. If you buy this for use on an AR you will not have that problem.
Find