Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 Caliber Handguns – Why Right Now Is A Good Time To Buy
03-20-2017, 02:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM by rwhite135.)
RE: 40 Caliber Handguns – Why Right Now Is A Good Time To Buy
Threads: 35
I recently purchased a S&W M&P Shield in .40 that I have put around 200 rounds of Wolf 180 grain HPs , actually made by Prvi Partizan, through. I don't find it too much harder to handle, with the 7 round extended mag or the pinky extension on the 6 round mag, than my full sized HK USP. The Shield, when using the standard 6 round mag sans pinky extension, is very comparable to my friend's USP compact. It may have to do with both using a double captive recoil spring, ie. they both use a double recoil spring setup as does the full sized USP. In my personal opinion, the .40 is easier to handle than 9mm +P rounds which is what a lot of law enforcement agencies that use the 9mm use, including the FBI. If you use a weapon built around the .40, as both the USP and M&P lines are, there is not going to be as much wear and tear on the firearm, when using .40 or 9mm +P. The FBI is in for a rude awakening when they see their new Glocks, firing the 9mm +P rounds, have the same amount of wear as their retired ones in .40. It should be noted that the FBI wanted to adopt the Sig 320, just as the US Army did, but the bean counters in Washington stuck them with the Glock because they outbid Sig. If the FBI had required a manual safety, as the army did, they may have got the Sig, as Glock lost their bid for the army contract in large part because they refused to incorporate the manual safety the army wanted.

With all that said, my next handgun purchase will probably be one chambered in .357 Sig. I find it to be superior to both 9mm and .40 S&W. The nice thing about the .40 versions of the USP and Shield is the fact that .357 Sig barrels are available for both and those calibers use the same magazines. With the right loading the .357 Sig hits with the same force as one of the lower power .357 Magnum loads.

With all that said, my next handgun purchase will probably be one chambered in .357 Sig. I find it to be superior to both 9mm and .40 S&W. The nice thing about the .40 versions of the USP and Shield is the fact that .357 Sig barrels are available for both and those calibers use the same magazines. With the right loading the .357 Sig hits with the same force as one of the lower power .357 Magnum loads.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 40 Caliber Handguns – Why Right Now Is A Good Time To Buy - by rwhite135 - 03-20-2017, 02:19 PM