Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I have in a bug out bag?
10-30-2014, 04:30 PM,
RE: What should I have in a bug out bag?
Threads: 124
(10-30-2014, 02:21 PM)Dutz Wrote: "Try taking a 5 mile hike with your full gear. "

Got just the place. The Ice Age Trail, right behind McMiller's! Smile

It doesn't matter where you hike. Just remember you will want to avoid all trails and paths in a true Bug Out situation. The real idea behind the 5 mike hike with full gear is to get people to see that it is not so easy. Same thing for staying out in the elements. I challenge you to stay out doors 48 hours in zero degree weather. Your life will depend on this gear in a true SHTF scenario. Try sheltering overnight in zero degree weather. The people I have done this with were shocked how cold it can be. Plus you can take turns standing guard. The need to have a plan in place is SO IMPORTANT. Where are you going, how will you get there, and What will you do once you reach your destination, must be answered before you Bug Out. A long term plan is better yet. Think about how far you need to travel. 35 miles? Better figure 6 days minimum, as you will be traveling overland and avoiding contact. Also, don't forget MAPS, Compass, watch, etc...
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
(10-30-2014, 02:21 PM)Dutz Wrote: "Try taking a 5 mile hike with your full gear. "

Got just the place. The Ice Age Trail, right behind McMiller's! Smile
It doesn't matter where you hike. Just remember you will want to avoid all trails and paths in a true Bug Out situation. The real idea behind the 5 mike hike with full gear is to get people to see that it is not so easy. Same thing for staying out in the elements. I challenge you to stay out doors 48 hours in zero degree weather. Your life will depend on this gear in a true SHTF scenario. Try sheltering overnight in zero degree weather. The people I have done this with were shocked how cold it can be. Plus you can take turns standing guard. The need to have a plan in place is SO IMPORTANT. Where are you going, how will you get there, and What will you do once you reach your destination, must be answered before you Bug Out. A long term plan is better yet. Think about how far you need to travel. 35 miles? Better figure 6 days minimum, as you will be traveling overland and avoiding contact. Also, don't forget MAPS, Compass, watch, etc...
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should I have in a bug out bag? - by BelieveIn308 - 10-30-2014, 04:30 PM