Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A gun site and no one talks about hunting
09-26-2014, 07:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 07:47 AM by BelieveIn308.)
RE: A gun site and no one talks about hunting
Threads: 124
hmmm... Hunting... True story. I live in a sub division which has 2-3 acre per lot. One day this summer I come home and my neighbor is sitting in a lawn chair about 40' from his house near my property line with what looked like an old BB gun. So I walked over and asked what was up. He pointed to a hole in lawn and said a family of ground squirrels had destroyed his wife's garden and she told him to get rid of them. He had next to him 1 dead one, and said their was another in the hole. I asked him what he was using, it was a gun that looked beat up, and one I never saw before. He said his dad had given him the rifle as a boy and that it had seen a lot of use. I asked if I could see it. It was a Hamilton #23 Patent 1900 22LR & 22 Short. He said when the squirrel poked it's head out it was a goner. About 40 minutes later I heard the shot and he got them both. We had a few beers around the fire pit, and he related how as a boy he would go squirrel hunting and how much he enjoyed it. He now referees to this as his new style hunting. I asked if he planned to upgrade the rifle, and he said no, but he might upgrade the lawn chair to one with beer can holders...

(09-25-2014, 10:49 PM)fromtheplaines Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 08:50 AM)PieceLessPeace Wrote: Every debate I always have with someone about handguns ends with...."oh and are founding fathers were hunters". They didn't have guns for no other reason to put food on the table.

That argument doesn't even make sense. I don't hunt since its expensive. And no one in my family hunts. It doesn't seem like one of those things you can wing it. The whole argument to have the 2a for hunting purposes also doesn't make sense. We didn't rebel against white tail deer and ducks.

And I thought the primary reason they were armed for dealing with savage Indians.

(09-25-2014, 11:02 PM)RJDSRT Wrote: Those ducks though.....

And lets not forget about those Pesky Willy Wabbits...Thumbs up

(09-25-2014, 10:49 PM)fromtheplaines Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 08:50 AM)PieceLessPeace Wrote: Every debate I always have with someone about handguns ends with...."oh and are founding fathers were hunters". They didn't have guns for no other reason to put food on the table.

That argument doesn't even make sense. I don't hunt since its expensive. And no one in my family hunts. It doesn't seem like one of those things you can wing it. The whole argument to have the 2a for hunting purposes also doesn't make sense. We didn't rebel against white tail deer and ducks.

And I thought the primary reason they were armed for dealing with savage Indians.

(09-25-2014, 11:02 PM)RJDSRT Wrote: Those ducks though.....

And lets not forget about those Pesky Willy Wabbits...Thumbs up
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A gun site and no one talks about hunting - by BelieveIn308 - 09-26-2014, 07:41 AM