Poll: Membership of not
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Club member
35.29%
6 35.29%
Pay as you go
64.71%
11 64.71%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership or not?
03-07-2015, 09:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015, 09:34 PM by The Great Oz.)
Membership or not?
Threads: 207
What is your preference for an indoor range.

Would you like to be a member of range with perks or just a pay as you go customer?

Would you like to be a member of range with perks or just a pay as you go customer?
Find
03-07-2015, 11:29 PM,
Membership or not?
Threads: 82
Depends on the perks. The ability to reserve time or access to a special lounge (GTR) are not things I would pay for
Find
03-08-2015, 12:10 AM,
RE: Membership or not?
Threads: 13
(03-07-2015, 09:32 PM)mikereddot Wrote: What is your preference for an indoor range.

I think membership is good it helps the range up front. I agree with AcilletaM on the ability to reserve time. I think there is no such thing as perks like (GTR) you pay for membership so you can spend your money to drink in their special lounge or you get 10 or 20% off store items it's not a perk if the item is marked up 30% over MSRP. I go to a range to shoot not have my truck park for me or to watch TV or to eat lunch. Membership pricing needs to be fair for the customer and the range. (GTR) membership is a rip off $449.00 10 hours,
(03-07-2015, 09:32 PM)mikereddot Wrote: What is your preference for an indoor range.

Would you like to be a member of range with perks or just a pay as you go customer?I think membership is good it helps the range up front. I agree with AcilletaM on the ability to reserve time. I think there is no such thing as perks like (GTR) you pay for membership so you can spend your money to drink in their special lounge or you get 10 or 20% off store items it's not a perk if the item is marked up 30% over MSRP. I go to a range to shoot not have my truck park for me or to watch TV or to eat lunch. Membership pricing needs to be fair for the customer and the range. (GTR) membership is a rip off $449.00 10 hours,
Find
03-08-2015, 01:05 AM,
I don't think reserving a lane is a perk. I think that just make good business sense.
Find
03-08-2015, 05:50 AM,
I think reserving a lane for members only would help with no shows being that the range would have the person name and may not let them reserve after three no show for one year.
Find
03-08-2015, 08:21 AM,
Threads: 124
In my opinion, an indoor range needs to be reasonably priced. It needs reasonable rules. It needs a safe environment enforced by friendly RSO's. Another thing is it needs reasonable time overages! And it needs block pricing. If I want a lane for 3 hours I want the 2nd and 3rd hour to be discounted.

Ammo SOLD at reasonable rates is a BIG plus. Gun rentals at reasonable rates is good also. And just once, I'd like a rental gun that has been cleaned once in awhile.

As to 'clubs', if the prices are right, they will come. No need for the special deals. To me the benefit of 'clubs' is meeting other shooters, and conversing.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

Ammo SOLD at reasonable rates is a BIG plus. Gun rentals at reasonable rates is good also. And just once, I'd like a rental gun that has been cleaned once in awhile.

As to 'clubs', if the prices are right, they will come. No need for the special deals. To me the benefit of 'clubs' is meeting other shooters, and conversing.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
03-08-2015, 09:46 AM,
Threads: 79
It depends on the perks. The membership ones I know of offer NOTHING worth extra money.

Those memberships are nothing more than prepaid time that secures you will be coming there instead of someone else. It's good for the range, not for the customer.

You can reserve time at Bass Pro with no membership and it works fine. You call up and ask if anything is available and if not you don't waste time going in.

As I said in another thread, a perk is not a perk if I would not pay for it by itself. I would not pay to sit in a "lounge" waiting for my lane, and I would not pay to reserve time. Those ARE NOT perks.

Those memberships are nothing more than prepaid time that secures you will be coming there instead of someone else. It's good for the range, not for the customer.

You can reserve time at Bass Pro with no membership and it works fine. You call up and ask if anything is available and if not you don't waste time going in.

As I said in another thread, a perk is not a perk if I would not pay for it by itself. I would not pay to sit in a "lounge" waiting for my lane, and I would not pay to reserve time. Those ARE NOT perks.
Find
03-08-2015, 10:13 AM,
I'd love to set our range up that you reserve the lane ahead of time, you pay for your block. You don't show up, to bad for you. I think that would alleviate no shows.

I'd love if you guys would actually vote.

Find
03-08-2015, 10:45 AM,
Threads: 376
What about a range that offered both. Where you can pay as you go but you take your chances with the availability of an open lane. If you were a member you would be able to reserve a lane plus get a discount on ammo and other shooting supplies... Just a thought.
Find
03-08-2015, 11:04 AM,
The poll doesn't show in Tapatalk, at least when I commented.
Find
03-08-2015, 11:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015, 11:15 AM by AcilletaM.)
(03-08-2015, 09:46 AM)Dutz Wrote: You can reserve time at Bass Pro with no membership and it works fine. You call up and ask if anything is available and if not you don't waste time going in.

Slightly different take, if there are ranges around that offer the same perk but for free, i.e. reserving a lane at Bass Pro, then it isn't a perk worth paying for.
(03-08-2015, 09:46 AM)Dutz Wrote: You can reserve time at Bass Pro with no membership and it works fine. You call up and ask if anything is available and if not you don't waste time going in.

Slightly different take, if there are ranges around that offer the same perk but for free, i.e. reserving a lane at Bass Pro, then it isn't a perk worth paying for.
Find
03-08-2015, 01:01 PM,
(03-08-2015, 10:13 AM)mikereddot Wrote: I'd love to set our range up that you reserve the lane ahead of time, you pay for your block. You don't show up, to bad for you. I think that would alleviate no shows.

I voted.
(03-08-2015, 10:13 AM)mikereddot Wrote: I'd love to set our range up that you reserve the lane ahead of time, you pay for your block. You don't show up, to bad for you. I think that would alleviate no shows.

I'd love if you guys would actually vote.I voted.
Find
03-08-2015, 01:08 PM,
Threads: 124
I vote No club... I like the way McMiller does it... Set your rates reasonably, offer a 90, 180 and yearly pass for a set amount...

But one of those ammo vending machines would work great somewhere near the actual shooting lanes Smile

But one of those ammo vending machines would work great somewhere near the actual shooting lanes Smile
Find
03-08-2015, 04:18 PM,
It's very weird that the poll is 4 to 5, and yet no one has commented in a positive way towards a club. Are the local clubs here trolling the forum and posting in favor of a club...hummmm....
Find
03-08-2015, 05:09 PM,
Membership or not?
I voted for it because I'm open to it, I'm just going be picky on what perk is worth paying for.
Find
03-08-2015, 08:34 PM,
(03-08-2015, 05:09 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: I voted for it because I'm open to it, I'm just going be picky on what perk is worth paying for.
^same
(03-08-2015, 05:09 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: I voted for it because I'm open to it, I'm just going be picky on what perk is worth paying for.^same
Find
03-08-2015, 10:21 PM,
Threads: 35
I have worked in a range that was pretty price for the club fees. Personally, it does has it place. I guess it all depends what you are going after.

I would like to see a range that is open to public without any membership fees or very very cheap fee. Totally open with the ability to reserve time ahead and maybe a few lanes for walk in. I think maybe offering a package that if you prepay for x amount of hours that you get a discount but make the discount actually. But i would like to see it in different tiers.

Then have another range for the club guys that want to hangout and lounge. There are elite shooters out there that train and want to be around more serious shooters. I understand it but uncomfortable you cannot please both groups of people at the same time or place.

Two ranges are needed Big Grin
[Image: ericsign.jpg]

I would like to see a range that is open to public without any membership fees or very very cheap fee. Totally open with the ability to reserve time ahead and maybe a few lanes for walk in. I think maybe offering a package that if you prepay for x amount of hours that you get a discount but make the discount actually. But i would like to see it in different tiers.

Then have another range for the club guys that want to hangout and lounge. There are elite shooters out there that train and want to be around more serious shooters. I understand it but uncomfortable you cannot please both groups of people at the same time or place.

Two ranges are needed Big Grin
[Image: ericsign.jpg]
Find
03-08-2015, 10:39 PM,
Threads: 54
I like the membership option as long as it has it's perks ie discontinued rates. I think its better to be a part if something rather than just a patron
Find
03-08-2015, 11:16 PM,
In lot of case, it limits the little guy from getting it.
Find
03-08-2015, 11:30 PM,
Threads: 54
It depends on the cost. When I used to play rugby there was a 75.00 due 2 times a year. And it helped with cost and expenses. I also am a member if Bristol and it's not bad. If the amount to shoot would be much less, preference when it came to shooting. And maybe members nights only events. If the perks are worth it it's worth it
Find