Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Heart Association CPR/AED & First Aid Training
03-17-2015, 10:05 PM,
Threads: 21
I'm extremely interested in taking AHA first aid training class. Not too long ago I spoke to Mike about scheduling of the class. I found out not many people have shown much interest in first aid training and it's been tough to get a class of only 10 people together for one class.

When I took mt CCW classes at Red Dot, there seemed to be a number of people interested. Unfortunately now I'm the only one who's interested in first aid.

$90 for a certified AHA first aid class sounds like a bargin to me. Certification is good for two years, but the knowledge is good for a lifetime. Sure we can probably buy 5-6 boxes of ammo to shoot up at the range for the same price, but if I can use the knowledge from this class just once to save someone's life or maybe my own....well enough said.

There must be 10 people in this forum who finds this knowledge as important as I do. Although currently I don't have a significant other, I feel this training would be great for a family to know. If the SHTF, I'm sure there's a number of people here that are prepared to defend their family, property, themselves, friends, pets etc....BUT if someone in your family or group needs immediate first aid, how many are prepared and qualified to administer it?

So....How many are interested and going to take the training class. Id like to take the class around the end of April or early May. This should be a good time, the weather should be getting nice and families are planning outdoor activities. If your planning a camping trip, going hiking, shooting or testing your survival skills in the woods. What would you do in the wilderness if help is immediatly needed? Heck what would you do if you're involved in a car accident, you can get out of the car but your passenger is in bad shape and may not have time to wait for an ambulance.

With 30 says notice, my time is extremely flexible.

More info on the training class can be found ??????http://www.reddotarms.com/coursesAHA First Aid Training
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated

When I took mt CCW classes at Red Dot, there seemed to be a number of people interested. Unfortunately now I'm the only one who's interested in first aid.

$90 for a certified AHA first aid class sounds like a bargin to me. Certification is good for two years, but the knowledge is good for a lifetime. Sure we can probably buy 5-6 boxes of ammo to shoot up at the range for the same price, but if I can use the knowledge from this class just once to save someone's life or maybe my own....well enough said.

There must be 10 people in this forum who finds this knowledge as important as I do. Although currently I don't have a significant other, I feel this training would be great for a family to know. If the SHTF, I'm sure there's a number of people here that are prepared to defend their family, property, themselves, friends, pets etc....BUT if someone in your family or group needs immediate first aid, how many are prepared and qualified to administer it?

So....How many are interested and going to take the training class. Id like to take the class around the end of April or early May. This should be a good time, the weather should be getting nice and families are planning outdoor activities. If your planning a camping trip, going hiking, shooting or testing your survival skills in the woods. What would you do in the wilderness if help is immediatly needed? Heck what would you do if you're involved in a car accident, you can get out of the car but your passenger is in bad shape and may not have time to wait for an ambulance.

With 30 says notice, my time is extremely flexible.

More info on the training class can be found ??????http://www.reddotarms.com/coursesAHA First Aid Training
Find
03-18-2015, 08:23 PM,
RE: American Heart Association CPR/AED & First Aid Training
Threads: 207
Thanks for the plug.
Find
03-18-2015, 08:45 PM,
Threads: 79
I'm in.
Find
03-18-2015, 08:58 PM,
Threads: 82
I'd be interested
Find
03-20-2015, 06:10 PM,
Threads: 4
Me too, I was looking at that class a few weeks ago.
Find
03-23-2015, 09:04 PM,
That's 4 people...how about another 4?
Find
04-10-2015, 07:37 AM,
Threads: 142
Depending on time, I'd be in.
Find
04-10-2015, 10:10 AM,
That's 5 so far. We need a few more people. Come on step up guy's, this is a valuable course.

Maybe Mike can talk to the instructor and post 3-4 dates the class can be held so we can all make financial commitments.

Don't forget about your spouses and kid's, they should also have this valuable knowledge. I have neither so it's just myself on this end.

Mike can RDA send out an email blast about this course?

Maybe Mike can talk to the instructor and post 3-4 dates the class can be held so we can all make financial commitments.

Don't forget about your spouses and kid's, they should also have this valuable knowledge. I have neither so it's just myself on this end.

Mike can RDA send out an email blast about this course?
Find
04-10-2015, 09:20 PM,
Threads: 79
You can add Sharz, my wife, to that list.
Find
04-20-2015, 10:50 AM,
That makes 6...
Find
04-21-2015, 01:43 PM,
Yeah, we will scheduling something shortly. Thanks all.
Find
04-21-2015, 03:05 PM,
Threads: 3
CPR class will be on Saturday Sept 12. More details will be posted tonight or tomorrow
Find
04-21-2015, 08:50 PM,
Threads: 55
Count me in.
Find
04-25-2015, 10:24 PM,
http://www.reddotarms.com/events/cprsept12/

Sent Lee Anne an email at training@rdarms.com to register.
http://www.reddotarms.com/events/cprsept12/

Sent Lee Anne an email at training@rdarms.com to register.
Find
04-26-2015, 07:34 AM,
Threads: 124
Mike, Does this class deal with the use of an IFAK and things a RSO might need to know to treat a injuries that might happen on a range? I was actually thinking of taking the ISRA Emergency Medical class for RSO's. The class is $195.00, but they provide you with a complete IFAK as well (which has to cost near $100).
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
04-27-2015, 07:41 PM,
Yes, the class American Heart Association class is 7 hours, this class will have 2 extra hours to deal with Gun shot wounds. Rob is a certified paramedic instructor.
Find
04-29-2015, 07:55 AM,
Threads: 124
Thanks, I have sent an email registering for the class.
Find
05-01-2015, 01:47 PM,
Due to a family health issue my schedule has been unpredictable this past month and will remain this way for a while.

I'll be in the shop sometime over the next few weeks to drop a deposit off for the course and pick up a repair few other things.

I'll be in the shop sometime over the next few weeks to drop a deposit off for the course and pick up a repair few other things.
Find
05-03-2015, 09:17 PM,
CYA Then
Find
05-08-2015, 05:51 PM,
Threads: 82
All signed up, looking forward to this class.
Find