Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show Room/Shop Etiquette and Dealing with New Shooters
06-09-2014, 02:54 PM,
Show Room/Shop Etiquette and Dealing with New Shooters

Threads: 13
Muzzle sweeping, poor trigger discipline, poor grip/stance, ect... what are some issues you as a shop employee or return customer to your LGS see on a daily basis? How do you handle these situations? Are people receptive to a helpful hint or tip?
Find
06-09-2014, 04:32 PM,
Brick  RE: Show Room/Shop Etiquette and Dealing with New Shooters
Threads: 207
Brick 
Depends how it's done. If you tell them in a nice way they are very receptive. It's easy to tell if someone is not accustomed to holding a firearm. Letting them know you want them to start with good habits is usually accepted.

:cool:

:cool:
Find
06-09-2014, 05:08 PM,
RE: Show Room/Shop Etiquette and Dealing with New Shooters
Threads: 7
I think its all in the way u talk to them most gun shop guys think they r better then everyone they talk to theres a bunch of places i wont even go to
Find
06-09-2014, 06:49 PM,
Amen RunNgun, Amen!
Find
06-09-2014, 10:26 PM,
Threads: 1
Seems like every time I go into a gun shop some cowboy is pointing the merchandize at other customers or whoever is behind the counter.
Find
06-09-2014, 10:29 PM,
Threads: 61
(06-09-2014, 10:26 PM)MrWill Wrote: Seems like every time I go into a gun shop some cowboy is pointing the merchandize at other customers or whoever is behind the counter.

Big Grin Welcome to my life! Tongue
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

(06-09-2014, 10:26 PM)MrWill Wrote: Seems like every time I go into a gun shop some cowboy is pointing the merchandize at other customers or whoever is behind the counter.
Big Grin Welcome to my life! Tongue
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM,
Threads: 51
It's annoying when you purchase a gun and the guy selling it to you could care less about answering your questions. Especially if the guy behind the counter is brand specific. Just as an FYI, I'm not referring to RDA.
Find
06-10-2014, 09:06 AM,
(06-09-2014, 10:36 PM)Mike25 Wrote: It's annoying when you purchase a gun and the guy selling it to you could care less about answering your questions. Especially if the guy behind the counter is brand specific. Just as an FYI, I'm not referring to RDA.

Those are the ones that are just worried about selling a gun, not about making sure the person will be safe with it and know how to handle it.

(06-09-2014, 10:36 PM)Mike25 Wrote: It's annoying when you purchase a gun and the guy selling it to you could care less about answering your questions. Especially if the guy behind the counter is brand specific. Just as an FYI, I'm not referring to RDA.
Those are the ones that are just worried about selling a gun, not about making sure the person will be safe with it and know how to handle it.

Website Find
06-11-2014, 07:37 PM,

Threads: 13
As a firearm salesman i take pride in knowing that i can help someone select the perfect firearm that caters to that individuals needs. There are too many people out there bashing guns as it is, the last thing our culture needs are customers having horrible experiences with a weapon that may not be the most suitable option, and possibly having catastrophic errors when they need it most because it was a poor fit.
Find
06-28-2014, 09:50 AM,
Threads: 124
It's always great to hear other people's opinions on firearms. We can always learn more! It doesn't matter how long you have been shooting, you can always learn something. I've developed many bad habits over the years. Correction is a good thing. Keep it coming. And it never, ever hurts to take a class.

This especially true with handguns, where fit and planned use is important.

Find
06-30-2014, 08:05 PM,
(06-28-2014, 09:50 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: It's always great to hear other people's opinions on firearms. We can always learn more! It doesn't matter how long you have been shooting, you can always learn something. I've developed many bad habits over the years. Correction is a good thing. Keep it coming. And it never, ever hurts to take a class.

So when you taking a class Sir!
(06-28-2014, 09:50 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: It's always great to hear other people's opinions on firearms. We can always learn more! It doesn't matter how long you have been shooting, you can always learn something. I've developed many bad habits over the years. Correction is a good thing. Keep it coming. And it never, ever hurts to take a class.

Find
07-02-2014, 03:25 PM,
(06-30-2014, 08:05 PM)mikereddot Wrote:

Welp, I do need to take the damn Shotty class. Still, after 25 years of shooting, have not fired one. I own one, but it would never be my go to gun. I like rifles to much. But now that I joined McMillers range they have all sorts of shotgun setups, and I'd probably miss those damn clays with my rifles... When is the next class?
(06-30-2014, 08:05 PM)mikereddot Wrote:

Welp, I do need to take the damn Shotty class. Still, after 25 years of shooting, have not fired one. I own one, but it would never be my go to gun. I like rifles to much. But now that I joined McMillers range they have all sorts of shotgun setups, and I'd probably miss those damn clays with my rifles... When is the next class?
Find
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM,
The next shotgun call is in October. I was talking more about handgun classes.
Find
07-03-2014, 10:34 PM,
I need to get in to that shotty class coming up.

Website Find
07-23-2014, 07:21 AM,
Well, I am going to take the concealed carry classes after Vegas in Sept. I am sure I will learn plenty. I kind of laugh at the Barney Fife avatar, but I see myself as sort of like that. I am more the range type shooter. So the class will be good.
Find
09-28-2014, 04:38 PM,
Threads: 82
Gander Mountain in Kenosha always has somebody pointing a rifle at someone.
Find
09-28-2014, 08:38 PM,
Threads: 53
I always tell my friends to knock it off when they start being foolish pointing it everywhere. For the most part I won't even shoot with em or show then new stuff anymore. Kinda off topic but not. Lol

I do remember my first time going to a gun shop... I didn't even pick it up cause I didn't know what I was doing. The guy showed me a little bit so that helped. But I still didn't bother till the next time =]
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV

I do remember my first time going to a gun shop... I didn't even pick it up cause I didn't know what I was doing. The guy showed me a little bit so that helped. But I still didn't bother till the next time =]
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV
Find
10-02-2014, 10:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 10:40 PM by fromtheplaines.)
Threads: 54
(06-09-2014, 05:08 PM)RunNgun Wrote: I think its all in the way u talk to them most gun shop guys think they r better then everyone they talk to theres a bunch of places i wont even go to

Maxon
(06-09-2014, 05:08 PM)RunNgun Wrote: I think its all in the way u talk to them most gun shop guys think they r better then everyone they talk to theres a bunch of places i wont even go to
Maxon
Find
10-03-2014, 12:18 AM,
Threads: 21
When a salesperson checks to make sure the gun isn't loaded before handing it over the counter, how many people here double check it when it gets to your hand?
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
10-03-2014, 08:43 AM,
(10-03-2014, 12:18 AM)Brian S Wrote: When a salesperson checks to make sure the gun isn't loaded before handing it over the counter, how many people here double check it when it gets to your hand?

99% Do not

(10-03-2014, 12:18 AM)Brian S Wrote: When a salesperson checks to make sure the gun isn't loaded before handing it over the counter, how many people here double check it when it gets to your hand?
99% Do not

Website Find