Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night Sights
05-21-2015, 05:58 PM,
Night Sights
Threads: 13
looking to add night sight on my Mod 2. Any recommendations other than Trijicon? At least those are what I am looking at.
Find
05-22-2015, 10:36 AM,
RE: Night Sights
Threads: 376
What about a really visible sight for the front of a Glock..(be nice)? There are a lot of options out there.
Find
05-26-2015, 02:23 PM,
Threads: 0
(05-21-2015, 05:58 PM)Fireman Wrote: looking to add night sight on my Mod 2. Any recommendations other than Trijicon? At least those are what I am looking at.

There are a few options I would recommend, it's going to depend what you're looking for. The first is the TFX sights from TruGlo, they are a fiber optic/Tritium combo. So in low light the fiber optic rods amplify available light and then in complete darkness, the Tritium capsules illuminate the fiber optic rods. We have these in stock for your Mod.2 and they are $124.99 plus tax and installation. If you just want Tritium night sights, TruGlo has a set that is $68.99 plus tax and installation. We also have those in stock. Meprolight also makes nice Tritium sights that have large contrast rings around them. You can mix and match the colors of the rear and front sights. They run $124.99 as well and we would have to order those for you. Installation of sights on most semi-autos is $65 and there is a 2-3 business day turnaround time for that. Please let me know if you have any more questions or stop by the shop to look at the TruGlo sights in person.
(05-21-2015, 05:58 PM)Fireman Wrote: looking to add night sight on my Mod 2. Any recommendations other than Trijicon? At least those are what I am looking at.
There are a few options I would recommend, it's going to depend what you're looking for. The first is the TFX sights from TruGlo, they are a fiber optic/Tritium combo. So in low light the fiber optic rods amplify available light and then in complete darkness, the Tritium capsules illuminate the fiber optic rods. We have these in stock for your Mod.2 and they are $124.99 plus tax and installation. If you just want Tritium night sights, TruGlo has a set that is $68.99 plus tax and installation. We also have those in stock. Meprolight also makes nice Tritium sights that have large contrast rings around them. You can mix and match the colors of the rear and front sights. They run $124.99 as well and we would have to order those for you. Installation of sights on most semi-autos is $65 and there is a 2-3 business day turnaround time for that. Please let me know if you have any more questions or stop by the shop to look at the TruGlo sights in person.
Find
05-26-2015, 02:45 PM,
(05-22-2015, 10:36 AM)bradberry Wrote: What about a really visible sight for the front of a Glock..(be nice)? There are a lot of options out there.

Yes, there are lots of options for front sights on a Glock. Like most things, though, it comes down to personal preference. Are you looking for a Tritium sight, or a fiber optic or just a large dot contrast sight? Personally, I think some of the best all around sights are the TFXs from TruGlo. They are a Tritium/fiber optic combo so they're hightly visible in all lighting conditions. Meprolight makes a Tritium front sight that is pretty visible. They're about $49 for just the front. If you have some more specific questions or preferences, let me know and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.
(05-22-2015, 10:36 AM)bradberry Wrote: What about a really visible sight for the front of a Glock..(be nice)? There are a lot of options out there.
Yes, there are lots of options for front sights on a Glock. Like most things, though, it comes down to personal preference. Are you looking for a Tritium sight, or a fiber optic or just a large dot contrast sight? Personally, I think some of the best all around sights are the TFXs from TruGlo. They are a Tritium/fiber optic combo so they're hightly visible in all lighting conditions. Meprolight makes a Tritium front sight that is pretty visible. They're about $49 for just the front. If you have some more specific questions or preferences, let me know and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.
Find
05-26-2015, 06:02 PM,

Threads: 17
I am also looking for the same upgrade to my 22 TCM. David, what RE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE?
Find
05-27-2015, 09:42 AM,
The options will be pretty similar. If you're talking about a Rock Island 1911 .22TCM, those have a dovetail front sight cut, so that gives you a few options. Again, it will depend on preference. TruGlo makes 1911 sights in both the TFX and the Tritium or just plain fiber optic, depending on what you're using it for. The main hurdle is that most companies sell sights as sets so that they know the heights are correct. It can be difficult to find just a front sight, especially for 1911 style pistols.
Find
05-27-2015, 11:21 AM,
(05-26-2015, 02:45 PM)David@reddot Wrote: Yes, there are lots of options for front sights on a Glock. Like most things, though, it comes down to personal preference. Are you looking for a Tritium sight, or a fiber optic or just a large dot contrast sight? Personally, I think some of the best all around sights are the TFXs from TruGlo. They are a Tritium/fiber optic combo so they're hightly visible in all lighting conditions. Meprolight makes a Tritium front sight that is pretty visible. They're about $49 for just the front. If you have some more specific questions or preferences, let me know and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

Thanks for the info. I am really wanting something for my G42. I already have a peep style site (Rear Aperture Pistol Sight) on the end of it and just looking for something more visible like the TFXs from TruGlo for all light conditions.

http://range-swag.myshopify.com/products...ck-pistols
(05-26-2015, 02:45 PM)David@reddot Wrote: Yes, there are lots of options for front sights on a Glock. Like most things, though, it comes down to personal preference. Are you looking for a Tritium sight, or a fiber optic or just a large dot contrast sight? Personally, I think some of the best all around sights are the TFXs from TruGlo. They are a Tritium/fiber optic combo so they're hightly visible in all lighting conditions. Meprolight makes a Tritium front sight that is pretty visible. They're about $49 for just the front. If you have some more specific questions or preferences, let me know and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.
Thanks for the info. I am really wanting something for my G42. I already have a peep style site (Rear Aperture Pistol Sight) on the end of it and just looking for something more visible like the TFXs from TruGlo for all light conditions.

http://range-swag.myshopify.com/products...ck-pistols
Find
05-27-2015, 12:49 PM,
That is a nice looking peep sight. We have TFX, Tritium and fiber optic sights for G42s in stock. The only issue is, they're all sets. I checked our catalog from TruGlo and it does not appear that we can get a front sight only from them. We're open until 6PM today and until 9PM tomorrow and Friday if you'd like to come in and check out what we have.
Find
05-27-2015, 01:04 PM,
(05-27-2015, 12:49 PM)David@reddot Wrote: That is a nice looking peep sight. We have TFX, Tritium and fiber optic sights for G42s in stock. The only issue is, they're all sets. I checked our catalog from TruGlo and it does not appear that we can get a front sight only from them. We're open until 6PM today and until 9PM tomorrow and Friday if you'd like to come in and check out what we have.

I would love to come in and see but I live in Oregon. Long trip but it may be worth it!
I have several Glocks and I am sure that the set would be interchangeable with one of my other ones.
(05-27-2015, 12:49 PM)David@reddot Wrote: That is a nice looking peep sight. We have TFX, Tritium and fiber optic sights for G42s in stock. The only issue is, they're all sets. I checked our catalog from TruGlo and it does not appear that we can get a front sight only from them. We're open until 6PM today and until 9PM tomorrow and Friday if you'd like to come in and check out what we have.
I would love to come in and see but I live in Oregon. Long trip but it may be worth it!
I have several Glocks and I am sure that the set would be interchangeable with one of my other ones.
Find
05-27-2015, 01:33 PM,
Well, that is a bit of a hike. I would recommend checking our website where you can order the ones you like and then have them shipped directly to you. Here are the links for your specific pistol: http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/sighting-...front.html http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/sighting-...front.html http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/sighting-...green.html
If you can't click on the links, just copy and paste them into a browser window. I hope this helps.
http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/sighting-...front.html http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/sighting-...front.html http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/sighting-...green.html
If you can't click on the links, just copy and paste them into a browser window. I hope this helps.
Find
05-28-2015, 09:20 PM,

Threads: 17
(05-27-2015, 09:42 AM)David@reddot Wrote: The options will be pretty similar. If you're talking about a Rock Island 1911 .22TCM, those have a dovetail front sight cut, so that gives you a few options. Again, it will depend on preference. TruGlo makes 1911 sights in both the TFX and the Tritium or just plain fiber optic, depending on what you're using it for. The main hurdle is that most companies sell sights as sets so that they know the heights are correct. It can be difficult to find just a front sight, especially for 1911 style pistols.

David, can you provide a link to each of the sights you mentioned. I like to order and have my gunsmith install them here.
(05-27-2015, 09:42 AM)David@reddot Wrote: The options will be pretty similar. If you're talking about a Rock Island 1911 .22TCM, those have a dovetail front sight cut, so that gives you a few options. Again, it will depend on preference. TruGlo makes 1911 sights in both the TFX and the Tritium or just plain fiber optic, depending on what you're using it for. The main hurdle is that most companies sell sights as sets so that they know the heights are correct. It can be difficult to find just a front sight, especially for 1911 style pistols.
David, can you provide a link to each of the sights you mentioned. I like to order and have my gunsmith install them here.
Find
05-29-2015, 10:41 AM,
Here are the links. These will all probably require some fitting, as do most 1911 sights, so check with your gunsmith on labor cost.
http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/sighting-...green.html
As far as I can tell, these are the closest fit. We don't currently have any fiber optic only sights for 1911s in stock. Let your gunsmith know that the front sight will require removal of at least .030" of material to fit the dovetail, hopefully that can get you a more accurate estimate.
As far as I can tell, these are the closest fit. We don't currently have any fiber optic only sights for 1911s in stock. Let your gunsmith know that the front sight will require removal of at least .030" of material to fit the dovetail, hopefully that can get you a more accurate estimate.
Find