Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appendix carry
08-31-2015, 08:45 AM,
Appendix carry
Threads: 53
Does anyone on here have any experience with appendix carry? I'm not really a fan of it myself just for where the pistol sits and points... This article seemed to make it decent, however still doesn't hold any value for me. I've liked my training at my hip, and so far plan to keep it there.

Any other arguments for our against this position?

Appendix carry
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV

Appendix carry
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

Find
08-31-2015, 10:09 AM,
RE: Appendix carry
Threads: 4
(08-31-2015, 08:45 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: Does anyone on here have any experience with appendix carry? I'm not really a fan of it myself just for where the pistol sits and points... This article seemed to make it decent, however still doesn't hold any value for me. I've liked my training at my hip, and so far plan to keep it there.

Appendix carry

I would not see it as an issue as I prefer weapons with a manual safety (odds against snagging both trigger and safety are remote). But I have to ask WHY? What advantage does it provide? Even for a large firearm?
"What we have here is a failure to communicate..."
(08-31-2015, 08:45 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: Does anyone on here have any experience with appendix carry? I'm not really a fan of it myself just for where the pistol sits and points... This article seemed to make it decent, however still doesn't hold any value for me. I've liked my training at my hip, and so far plan to keep it there.

Appendix carry
I would not see it as an issue as I prefer weapons with a manual safety (odds against snagging both trigger and safety are remote). But I have to ask WHY? What advantage does it provide? Even for a large firearm?
"What we have here is a failure to communicate..."
Find
08-31-2015, 10:21 AM,
Threads: 0
I sit a lot at a desk, and when I'm not sitting, I am in the car. Both of those situations eliminate appendix carry for me. I also don't like where the gun points when holstered. Yes, safeties help, but in an emergency, I want as much working for me (and not against me) as possible.
Find
08-31-2015, 11:02 AM,
Threads: 376
I am not a small framed guy and my abb's are not FLAT. What I do for a living has me sitting at a desk for most of the time, in and out of different chairs, in and out of my truck, and the constant stabbing feeling ( I may have had the wrong holster) has made this a choice of area to carry that I desire the least.
Find
08-31-2015, 11:56 AM,
Threads: 51
I don't and wish I could, unfortunately my beer gut prevents me from doing it.
Find
08-31-2015, 12:29 PM,
Hell I'm pretty slim and still don't really like the thought of it poking me.. Never tried it which was why I was curious about everybody's opinion on it. The direction it points still rules it out for my consideration. Chances of the gun going off are slim to none, but it still tweaks me out.

Find
09-01-2015, 09:36 AM,
Threads: 124
I think I will always carry from the hip. That seems to be the best location from everything I have read and seen (and matches the CCW training I took as well at RDA. Rob even discussed this in detail as to why it was the best carry position). I can understand a shoulder holster for a revolver. But I see little advantage for carrying with the barrel aiming at my junk...
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
09-01-2015, 04:07 PM,
Threads: 142
I have a flat non-clip holster for my 938, already very small. If I don't carry in my shorts pocket or if the pocket is too small, I can appendix carry. I found that appendix carry seems to print less than if I had a waist mounted IWB holster.
Find
09-01-2015, 06:48 PM,
I could see it printing less and preferred access for some... I'm a fan of strong side hip, and shoulder holsters. Even though I can see big downfalls with the shoulder holster as well.. with the weapon being pointed backwards n such.. I still like the setup for some situations

Find
09-02-2015, 08:27 AM,
Threads: 79
(08-31-2015, 12:29 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: The direction it points...slim to none, but it still tweaks me out.

Just a thought, when discussing the direction it is pointing in that case it's generally not a good idea to use the words "slim to none" anywhere in the paragraph. Big Grin
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
(08-31-2015, 12:29 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: The direction it points...slim to none, but it still tweaks me out.
Just a thought, when discussing the direction it is pointing in that case it's generally not a good idea to use the words "slim to none" anywhere in the paragraph. Big Grin
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find
09-02-2015, 08:32 AM,
Haha dutz the worst part is before I even read your part of the post, I read my part and thought oo that sounds bad... Dangit.. out of context!! Haha

Find
09-02-2015, 06:54 PM,
Threads: 376
Ouch....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Find