Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Essential Oils... are they safe to use?
12-08-2015, 01:09 PM,
Thumbs Up  Essential Oils... are they safe to use?
Threads: 966
Thumbs Up 
Many people store up and are using essential oils for a future that may or may not be a world of hard to come by medicine.

I belong to a group of ladies that are homesteaders. One of the ladies is a practicing nurse, that is VERY open to and using alternative ways to healing. One thing that she is always warning us about is the use of essential oils used internally.

8 Tips for Buying and Using Essential Oils

She says that this is a more practical way of using them. This is the short of it.
"Along with the international aromatherapy community, we say that you should never use essential oils internally without the guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner. While there are some essential oils that can be used safely, this is the safer path to take, especially without skilled supervision. Essential oils can be incredibly caustic, causing burns or irritating the mucous lining of your digestive tract."

My friends best advice, seek the Lord first and ask for His help. Get your wellness from actual food or dried herbs. You do not have to worry about the strength of the oil, since essential oils are several times stronger that the herb itself. Stay away from artificial, try to get grass fed or free range meat, use coconut oil, olive oil and stay away from vegetable oils, drink raw milk. Use turmeric root in foods. Try to find a doctor who is open to alternative medicine.

She has other advice too, but these are the main ones. As always, check with your doctor. He or she may not know anything about it, but hopefully, they will help you in the adventure of better health, and stocking up supplies to help during a disaster.

I belong to a group of ladies that are homesteaders. One of the ladies is a practicing nurse, that is VERY open to and using alternative ways to healing. One thing that she is always warning us about is the use of essential oils used internally.

8 Tips for Buying and Using Essential Oils

She says that this is a more practical way of using them. This is the short of it.
"Along with the international aromatherapy community, we say that you should never use essential oils internally without the guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner. While there are some essential oils that can be used safely, this is the safer path to take, especially without skilled supervision. Essential oils can be incredibly caustic, causing burns or irritating the mucous lining of your digestive tract."

My friends best advice, seek the Lord first and ask for His help. Get your wellness from actual food or dried herbs. You do not have to worry about the strength of the oil, since essential oils are several times stronger that the herb itself. Stay away from artificial, try to get grass fed or free range meat, use coconut oil, olive oil and stay away from vegetable oils, drink raw milk. Use turmeric root in foods. Try to find a doctor who is open to alternative medicine.

She has other advice too, but these are the main ones. As always, check with your doctor. He or she may not know anything about it, but hopefully, they will help you in the adventure of better health, and stocking up supplies to help during a disaster.
Find
12-12-2015, 11:03 PM,
RE: Essential Oils... are they safe to use?
Threads: 376
My brother in law is a "DR" of alternative medicine. He recomnds all kinds of oils, herbs and other items. He also feels that having this stuff in your possesion during hard times will be essential.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
Find
12-13-2015, 10:09 PM,
Is he an official medical Doctor who can write prescriptions? I am looking for one that is open to alternative meds and herbs.
Find
12-13-2015, 10:34 PM,
He is a licensed naturopathy
Find
12-13-2015, 11:13 PM,
Hmmm in Illinois?
Find
12-14-2015, 02:48 PM,
Sorry. He is in Ventura Ca. My father in law is a retired Dr. and he really believes in some limited forms of alternative medicine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Find