Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDM4V1 Scope/rear sight mount
09-07-2014, 06:50 AM,
DDM4V1 Scope/rear sight mount
Threads: 1
Looking to put a scope and flip up sight on my DDM4V1. I have the LaRue LT104-1" SPR M4 Mount QD and looking to a scope in the style of Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm in 1"and replace fixed rear sight with a Di Optic Folding Battle Sight from LaRue. First is will my fixed front sight create view issues with scope ( I scope will mount but don't know if front iron would show up or hamper scope view). Second is while it appears folding sight will work with this set up I am looking for second opinion from experts.
Find
09-09-2014, 01:04 PM,
RE: DDM4V1 Scope/rear sight mount
Threads: 0
Good morning, I am sure you will enjoy this gun, its a good one! You may run into problems with a fixed site, going with the folding will be the better option for sure. Good luck and good shooting
Find
09-09-2014, 02:09 PM,
RE: DDM4V1 Scope/rear sight mount
Threads: 61
For the variable power optic, you would not want to co-witness the front post with the scope. You should consider replacing the front post with a railed gas block and mounting your folding iron sight to that. Otherwise you will not get a good sight picture. What some folks do is co-witness their back up sights with a red-dot optic. That is fine in most cases because they are usually not variable power scopes.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find