Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is the perfect example to justify concealed carry.
01-06-2015, 03:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 03:48 PM by Freedoms1791.)
Here is the perfect example to justify concealed carry.
Threads: 13
Yep another GUN FREE ZONE ask this lady how that sign is working at keeping her safe.

A 58-year-old woman was punched in the face and sprayed with a chemical irritant Saturday morning in an alleged attempted robbery outside of a Gurnee bank, according to a police news release.

Police are now asking for help in identifying the suspect, who did not get away with the woman’s purse and bank deposit, authorities said.

The incident occurred about 9:40 a.m Jan. 3 in the parking lot of Fifth Third Bank, 7500 Route 132 in Gurnee.

According to a police description, the suspect is a black male who was wearing a black “puffy” jacket with a fur-lined hood. He was last seen running westbound from the bank, police said.

I think it was at the Fifth Third Bank 7500 grand Av Gurnee Il. 60031

Grand and Hutchins RD.

A 58-year-old woman was punched in the face and sprayed with a chemical irritant Saturday morning in an alleged attempted robbery outside of a Gurnee bank, according to a police news release.

Police are now asking for help in identifying the suspect, who did not get away with the woman’s purse and bank deposit, authorities said.

The incident occurred about 9:40 a.m Jan. 3 in the parking lot of Fifth Third Bank, 7500 Route 132 in Gurnee.

According to a police description, the suspect is a black male who was wearing a black “puffy” jacket with a fur-lined hood. He was last seen running westbound from the bank, police said.

I think it was at the Fifth Third Bank 7500 grand Av Gurnee Il. 60031

Grand and Hutchins RD.
Find
01-06-2015, 05:04 PM,
RE: Here is the perfect example to justify concealed carry.
Threads: 124
Gun free zones, may as well have signs posted:

Attention Criminals, this is a sitting Duck Zone. No one is armed and you can rest assured, you will not be harmed by these victims. Please refrain from shooting them for sport.

It is interesting to note that to date, in Illinois, NOT one convicted Felon has yet to prosecuted for violating a 'Gun Free Zone' while committing their crimes in such zones with firearms.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

Attention Criminals, this is a sitting Duck Zone. No one is armed and you can rest assured, you will not be harmed by these victims. Please refrain from shooting them for sport.

It is interesting to note that to date, in Illinois, NOT one convicted Felon has yet to prosecuted for violating a 'Gun Free Zone' while committing their crimes in such zones with firearms.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
01-06-2015, 05:50 PM,
Gun free zone are only for a licensed concealed carry persons. Violate it Then you will see him or her get prosecuted for violating a 'Gun Free Zone' and smear your name all over the TV and papers on how you break the law.
Find
01-06-2015, 09:03 PM,
Threads: 207
Are we sure that this place had a no gun sign?
Find
01-06-2015, 09:16 PM,
(01-06-2015, 09:03 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Are we sure that this place had a no gun sign?
Yep it's a Bank Fifth Third Bank
(01-06-2015, 09:03 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Are we sure that this place had a no gun sign?Yep it's a Bank Fifth Third Bank
Find
01-06-2015, 10:11 PM,
Glad I don't bank there.
Find
01-06-2015, 10:21 PM,
(01-06-2015, 10:11 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Glad I don't bank there.
Yep Thumbup
(01-06-2015, 10:11 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Glad I don't bank there.Yep Thumbup
Find
01-07-2015, 07:51 AM,
Threads: 79
There is also the lesson of situational awareness.

We don't know any details, but if you are caught off guard like that because either you were not paying attention or too careless to profile the people around you then you likely are not going to be able to engage the firearm quickly enough anyway.

As the saying goes "be prepared to kill everyone around you". Of course, not really, but be prepared to engage anyone.

We don't know any details, but if you are caught off guard like that because either you were not paying attention or too careless to profile the people around you then you likely are not going to be able to engage the firearm quickly enough anyway.

As the saying goes "be prepared to kill everyone around you". Of course, not really, but be prepared to engage anyone.
Find
01-07-2015, 08:30 AM,
(01-07-2015, 07:51 AM)Dutz Wrote: There is also the lesson of situational awareness.

situational awareness Thumbup
People need to pay attention to the crime being committed around them and the people who are committing them. Neighborhoods are changing. I was at a neighborhood watch meeting about 3 months back there was about 40 resident there better than half didn't know concealed carry passed in Illinois.
(01-07-2015, 07:51 AM)Dutz Wrote: There is also the lesson of situational awareness.

As the saying goes "be prepared to kill everyone around you". Of course, not really, but be prepared to engage anyone.situational awareness Thumbup
People need to pay attention to the crime being committed around them and the people who are committing them. Neighborhoods are changing. I was at a neighborhood watch meeting about 3 months back there was about 40 resident there better than half didn't know concealed carry passed in Illinois.
Find
01-07-2015, 11:52 AM,
(01-07-2015, 08:30 AM)Freedoms1791 Wrote:

LOL The masses are so clueless.
(01-07-2015, 08:30 AM)Freedoms1791 Wrote:

LOL The masses are so clueless.
Find
01-07-2015, 02:48 PM,
Threads: 142
GFZs are a joke. God this is ridiculous!
Find
01-07-2015, 07:19 PM,
The GFZ is mostly people being uneducated and only listening to the news reporters. They paint a picture of how bad they are and it was the gun that killed a person. If they did not have a gun to use they would have just used a knife or a baseball bat. They never report on the ones that the lawful people used to save either their own or a family members life.
Find
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM,
Thumbup
(01-07-2015, 07:19 PM)Fireman Wrote: The GFZ is mostly people being uneducated and only listening to the news reporters. They paint a picture of how bad they are and it was the gun that killed a person. If they did not have a gun to use they would have just used a knife or a baseball bat. They never report on the ones that the lawful people used to save either their own or a family members life.
Thumbup
(01-07-2015, 07:19 PM)Fireman Wrote: The GFZ is mostly people being uneducated and only listening to the news reporters. They paint a picture of how bad they are and it was the gun that killed a person. If they did not have a gun to use they would have just used a knife or a baseball bat. They never report on the ones that the lawful people used to save either their own or a family members life.
Thumbup
Find
01-07-2015, 11:22 PM,
Threads: 56
I was listing to this on the police scanner that morning when all of that was taking place and no one had a clue what was going on. In the beginning dispatch wasn't even giving the police the correct bank name and said it was at PNC Bank. Such a cluster.
Find
01-08-2015, 01:19 AM,
Threads: 82
(01-07-2015, 11:22 PM)jfergus7 Wrote: I was listing to this on the police scanner that morning when all of that was taking place and no one had a clue what was going on. In the beginning dispatch wasn't even giving the police the correct bank name and said it was at PNC Bank. Such a cluster.

What kind of scanner do you have?
(01-07-2015, 11:22 PM)jfergus7 Wrote: I was listing to this on the police scanner that morning when all of that was taking place and no one had a clue what was going on. In the beginning dispatch wasn't even giving the police the correct bank name and said it was at PNC Bank. Such a cluster.
What kind of scanner do you have?
Find
01-08-2015, 01:25 AM,
Threads: 56
Actually was just using a Police Scanner app on my iPhone. Want to get a real one though.
Find
01-08-2015, 01:31 AM,
Threads: 82
I have an older one that is becoming more and more useless as radio systems get upgraded. I use Scanner Radio on Android but its just not the same.
Find
01-08-2015, 08:14 AM,
Threads: 79
GFZ's are where you find unicorns, fairies, and invisible elves. That's why we put them around schools.
Find
01-13-2015, 12:54 PM,
Threads: 35
I did a report on gun free zones and found that, since 2009, 92% of all mass shootings have taken place in gun free zones. Makes you feel safe doesn't it?
Find
01-13-2015, 01:16 PM,
When I first got my CCL I use to honor the posted signs till seeing all the crime taken place in gun free zones
so now I carry ever where the way I see it is there a good chance by having a gun with me and ***** happen I will still be alive to fight the charges for carrying in a posted place. Dead or $1000.00 fine ? Do you take cash. It a no brainer.
so now I carry ever where the way I see it is there a good chance by having a gun with me and ***** happen I will still be alive to fight the charges for carrying in a posted place. Dead or $1000.00 fine ? Do you take cash. It a no brainer.
Find