Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luger P08
01-06-2015, 03:58 PM,
Luger P08
Threads: 142
I recently had a chance to fire my brother's P08. RDA did the safety / function test last month.

I was somewhat surprised on its limited recoil; probably due to its weight.

Holding it with two hands proved "interesting" as well, and I kept feeling like shooting it one handed.

It had some feed issues, but I think it was due to the old low grain ammo he was pushing through it. The stuff he bought from RDA seemed to work well, if I recall.

I did not enjoy loading the magazine, nor did I like its release mechanism.....but hey, who am I to complain!

Overall a neat experience. Too bad they're so darn expensive.

I was somewhat surprised on its limited recoil; probably due to its weight.

Holding it with two hands proved "interesting" as well, and I kept feeling like shooting it one handed.

It had some feed issues, but I think it was due to the old low grain ammo he was pushing through it. The stuff he bought from RDA seemed to work well, if I recall.

I did not enjoy loading the magazine, nor did I like its release mechanism.....but hey, who am I to complain!

Overall a neat experience. Too bad they're so darn expensive.
Find
01-06-2015, 04:43 PM,
RE: Luger P08
Threads: 124
I love all the old vintage firearms. Wish I could afford a P08. But I think I'd buy a Mauser K98 first... You really appreciate the 1911's when you consider the design is over 100 years old and still going strong. This fall I was able to fire a Springfield '03 at my fall shoot. It was an experience. I pictured myself in a French Trench shooting the thing. Gives you a sense of being with the men that fought back then.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
01-07-2015, 04:51 PM,
RE: Luger P08
Threads: 142
I can see that! I also remember how miserable it must have been in the trenches; rotten feet, disease, barf, crying, death...etc!
Find